Do you know one of the biggest odds of sending emails to your prospects is that you won’t get positive responses from all recipients? Most salespeople just give up and leave the business opportunities that were just on the table.
That is why only 8% of salespeople following up at least five times are getting 80% of all sales. So, it becomes essential to send follow-up emails.
In this article, you will learn how and when to write a follow-up email after no response to scale up your business.
When To Write a Follow-Up Email?
Wait for at least two days before sending your first follow-up email. After that, extend the waiting period for a few days for each subsequent email.
Never send your follow up emails every day as this can annoy the recipients. Remember never to close an email, instead leave the conversation open and return to it at a later date.
Writing a Follow Up Email
As you are familiar now with how important it is to send a follow-up, and how long you should wait before sending these emails. Then, let’s go through how to write the follow-up email itself.
Add Up Context
Always try to rewind your recipient’s memory with a reference to a previous email. They’re more likely to react positively by reminding them about the fact that they’ve heard from you before.
Openers to include-
- I wanted to follow up on the email that I sent you two days back. [day when last email sent] about [email subject].
- I wanted to follow up to see your thoughts about [subject of email].
- I wanted to follow up in regards to the email that I sent you last (the day on which the email was sent).
Always add value to the email to cater to the needs of your customers. Demonstrate your worth and avoid lazy follow-ups (simple catching up interactions). Unless your email provides worth to your target audience, they won’t open, click and respond.
There are high chances of email conversion if you attach a lead magnet (freebies) with it. These freebies could be a physical item that you can ship, an ebook, a discount voucher, or free webinar access.
According to Dan Murphy, from Culture Amp-
“For a minute, I’m not a sales guy – I’ve given them something.”
So, represent yourself as an asset to them by sending a relevant and high-quality email.
Explain Reason For Emailing
Your follow-up email should explain to them the reason why you are sending them an email. Reasons should be direct and concise telling the recipient what you want.
- [product or service name] could help you and it would be great if you try it out for a month or so (completely free).
- We’ve just launched [product or service name], and it could make a big difference to your organization [Valuable element]. It’d be great if we could discuss your current requirements so I can figure out exactly how [product name] can help you.
- [product or service name] could help you [valuable element] more effectively. I’d like to have a quick chat to find out if I’m right and cater to your needs.
Include a CTA (Call-To-Action)
Call-To-Action makes it easier for the recipient to respond. For instance, if you’re trying to schedule a meeting, suggest a particular date, time, and place.
Ask in emails as-
- Does 12:15 p.m. on Friday work for you?
- Just reply ‘yes’ if you are interested in getting more information and we can schedule a meeting to discuss its value in scaling up your business.
Close Your Email
Close your email in a sympathetic manner that feels natural to you. Make it personal and wrap up the way you feel comfortable. For instance,
- Let me know what you think about it! [Your name]
- Let me know if you have any queries. [Your name]
- Discuss soon? [Your name]
- I look forward to hearing from you soon! [Your name]
Follow Up Email Templates Examples
Here are a few samples that will help you to generate responses from all recipients.
This template is an example of a polite and simple follow-up email with an explanation of why you’re reaching out. A simple formula like this helps to convert leads easily as emails are short and easy to skim, provide immediate value, and close off easily.
This template triggers the value that your product is offering around the world. Also, you can easily schedule a meeting to discuss the detailed insights related to your product. These types of emails build up trust and let you know how much the user is interested in the product.
This template connects the recipients to the pain points that you have already discussed with them. There are high chances that you will get a reply after this email.
It is important to automate your emails that can help you to send the follow-up emails for a better conversion rate.
GrowMeOrganic Email Campaigns helps to send highly personalized and engaging emails through its automation process. The automation emails are sent based on the user’s behavior.
GrowMeOrganic also assigns the points to your leads who have shown interest in your emails. You can even connect, send and receive emails from any email account such as Gmail, GSuite, or Yahoo.
Furthermore, it also allows tracking, clicking, and open rates of emails to analyze the conversion by scheduling campaigns. So send your follow-up emails through GrowMeOrganic and get your leads converted.