Yahoo SMTP Settings
Yahoo SMTP Settings
- Server Address: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Username: Your Yahoo Address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your Yahoo Password
- Port Number: 465 (With SSL)
- Alternative Port Number: 587 (With TLS)
- Authentication: Required
- Sending Limits: 500 Emails a day or Emails to 100 connections a day.
Know More About Yahoo
Yahoo! Mail is an email service launched on October 8, 1997, by the American company Yahoo, Inc. It offers four different email plans: three for personal use (Basic, Plus, and Ad Free) and another for businesses. As of January 2020, Yahoo! Mail has 225 million users.
Users are able to access and manage their mailboxes using webmail interface, accessible using a standard web browser. Some accounts also supported the use of standard mail protocols (POP3 and SMTP). Since 2015, users can also connect non-Yahoo e-mail accounts to the webmail client.
Yahoo operates is available as three things: Content Platform, Communications and Advertisement Platform. For Content, there is Yahoo News,Yahoo sports,Yahoo finance, omg, answers, games, tv, music, local listings and what not. For Communication, it has Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Instant Messenger and Yahoo Groups.
Yahoo Mail is one of the top shelf email providers which comes right after the big giants Gmail and Outlook. It has over a Billion active users as per Feb, 2016.There are two types of account you can have if you are a Yahoo user: Basic Yahoo Account or Yahoo Plus Mail account. We have another page dedicated to Yahpp Plus Mail. So, this page will all be about Yahoo mail.
An added layer of security called “Less secure apps”
Yahoo is also there with Google when it comes to security. There is an added layer of security to your Yahoo account called “Less Secure Apps”. When a third party server tries to read or enter into your Yahoo mail account, it gets blocked by Yahoo servers if their security is not upto Yahoo’s standard. Generally, it is not recommended to enable “Less Secure Apps” option as enabling it option can be a potential risk to your Yahoo mail account and can put your account’s information in danger. We would strongly advise against it. And if nothing works and you still want to configure the account or tool or anything in general with your Yahoo account then only go for “Less Secure Apps” option.
Generally, it is not recommended to enable “Less Secure Apps” option as enabling it option can be a potential risk to your Yahoo mail account and can put your account’s information in danger. We would strongly advise against it. And if nothing works and you still want to configure the account or tool or anything in general with your Yahoo account then only go for “Less Secure Apps” option.
- Follow these steps to enable Less Secure Apps in your Yahoo account:
- Go to Account Info
- Select “Account Security”
- Enable “Allow Apps that use less secure sign in”
- There is one other catch. And for security reasons, if you have enabled Google’s “Two Step Verification” process for your Gmail account then you won’t be able to enable the option of “Less Secure Apps”.
- With “Two Step Verification” option enabled, the “Less Secure Apps” page will look something like this:
- To enable “Less Secure Apps”, You will have to disable “Two Step Verification” for your Gmail account. After that, you can easily enable the “Less Secure Apps” option.